As I mentioned before, I’m on a journey to change my life and become a healthy, fit person. I stopped eating many fried foods including French Fries. (I occasionally eat some in restaurants or Sunday family lunches, hopefully I will cut them out forever!)
But today I felt like eating something as crispy as french fries and I decided to make this recipe!
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced like french fries
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Half a cup of breadcrumbs (I used Lebanese wholewheat Pita)
- Cheese of choice , grated (around 1/4 cup)
- Salt/Pepper to taste. You can also use garlic powder, dried basil and oregano, dried thyme…
- Slice the zucchinis like french fries.
- Beat the egg white.
- Put the pita in the oven till it’s dry and crispy then break it into tiny little crumbs. Add the grated cheese, the salt and whatever herb you decide to use.
- Dip the zucchini sliced in the egg white and then dip them in the Bread/cheese mix.
- Spray some cooking oil on a baking tray and put the zucchinis. I used a non sticking cooking sheet so I don’t have to use oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees (Celsius) or 425 degrees (Fahrenheit) .