Hey guys! I will share with you my recipe for a very moist Banana Blackberry Loaf! It’s so simple, fast and easy, you will definitely be making a second batch in no time!
- 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 1.5 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs natural yoghurt (full fat or low fat)
- 2 tbs natural organic honey (or to taste)
- 3 small tbs baking powder
- 1 small tbs Vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- A cup of mashed bananas
- Half a cup of blackberries (or other berries of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees (Celsius). Oil and flour a loaf pan so the cake won’t stick while baking. Don’t forget the sides
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the flour slowly. The batter will be thick at this point, but don’t panic!
- Add the remaining ingredients, leave the mashed bananas till the end. After adding the bananas (make sure they are mashed well, no big bumps) the batter will become more or less liquid.
- Pour the batter in the greased loaf pan and add the berries on top. You can push them inside the batter if you want as well.
- Bake at 160 degrees (C) for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool down a little before you remove it. Best served cold.
NB: Use extra ripe bananas (still edible though!) for a sweet taste. You can even omit the honey. Add ground nutmeg and cinnamon for an extra flavour!