Chicken has a special place in my heart. I’m always looking for new, fast and easy recipes for when I have some free time to cook. I came across the recipe for Lemon Chicken Piccata which is an Italian dish; it’s light and delicious and oh so full of flavours! This here is my version of the dish, served with a side of Italian rice.
Ingredients: (For 2 plates)
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- A handful of mushroom (canned or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Dried oregano
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes. Season the pieces with salt and pepper to taste and dredge them in flour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet; pan-fry the chicken pieces until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove and put away the chicken.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir the minced garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Stir in the lemon slices and bring the mixture to a boil. Let cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and mushroom; simmer until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes more.
- Drop the butter into the skillet until melted. Add the chicken pieces and cook together for about 4 minutes, and you’re done!
You can serve this dish with rice, grilled potato slices with herbs, angel hair pasta or just be creative! Sprinkle some dried oregano on the plate before serving, it will add extra flavour. The lemon sauce is so rich without being too acidic, everyone just loved this! Waiting for your feedbacks ♥