It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
First of all, congratulations on surviving till the Holidays break without murdering your bosses or professors. Second of all, I would like to express my love and gratitude for my readers. I wish I could give you all personal gifts, but I can’t (for now), and hence, I’m going to share with you this Chocolate cupcake recipe with chocolate frosting (which is like, AWESOME!)
This recipe is easy and you already have most of the ingredients at home. But don’t be fooled! It’s addictive and heavenly and everyone will want more!
I have at home some cute silicone molds: Christmas tree, star, ginger man… and if you have some at home as well, you could make really cute Holiday themed cupcakes (with the same recipe).
Here’s the deal: calories don’t count on Christmas (trust me). Therefore, this recipe is traditional, with milk and fat and carbs and chocolate and sugar and spice and everything nice! So unless you have allergies, this recipe is for indulging yourself and feeling proud about your chocolate covered face!
Ingredients for the cupcake batter: (around 12 cupcakes)
- ½ cup (120g) unsalted butter
- 60g dark baking chocolate
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 150g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk + 2 tablespoon Vinegar or Lemon (mix together)
- Melt the butter and the Chocolate and let cool (could be done in a microwave)
- Mix the cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs, the sugar and the vanilla together.
- Slowly add the cocoa-flour mix.
- Add milk + lemon mix.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix well with a spoon.
The batter WILL be thick, do not panic. Grease your cupcake mold (you can use cupcake liners)
Fill the molds to a 2/3 and put in a preheated oven over 170 degrees Celsius. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes and then remove the cupcakes from the molds.
Ingredients for the Chocolate frosting: (for 12 cupcakes)
- 2 and 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 90g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 6 Tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat the butter until creamy (you can melt it in the microwave but not for too long, it shouldn’t be hot!)
- Mix the cocoa powder and the sugar together in a separate bowl, and then slowly add the mix to the butter while beating on low.
- Add the whipping cream and the vanilla.
- Beat for 2 minutes minimum till you get your thick chocolate cream.
NB: you can add more whipping cream or butter if the cream is too thick to use for decoration.
The cupcakes are so soft and moist! You could use milk chocolate in the batter or in the frosting if you don’t like dark chocolate, but make sure to use less sugar in the batter. For a lovely effect, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of your cupcakes using a stainer.
For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!
Happy Holidays my loves! I wish you all a good time ♥