First of all, TGIF!!!
Second of all, I’m spending the day alone at home with nothing much to eat and zero intention to get dressed for anything or to order food (still working on that triple chin from Christmas)
And so for that, I decided to make my favourite comfort food, a good old Fettuccine!
It’s a simple recipe that takes around 15 minutes to cook and 2 minutes to devour. There goes nothing:
Ingredients (for 1 big serving or 2 smaller servings, don’t judge me!)
- 110 g dry fettuccine pasta
- 40 g butter
- 60 ml heavy cream or 1/4 cup (I accidentally used whipping cream and it turn out gorgeous!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of your favourite cheese, grated ( around 30g), I used a mix of Gruyère and mozzarella.
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- Mushroom (optional)
- Bring a pot of slightly salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and let cook for about 9 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, cook the garlic for a bit, add the cream and the cheese (and the mushroom if you’re using any).
- When the fettuccine is cooked, drain the water, add it over the sauce and stir well.
- Serve immediately while the cheese is still creamy.
NB: If you want a creamier sauce, you can melt half a tbs of cornstarch (corn flour) in a bit of COLD water and add it to the mix while it’s still cooking.
You can also add chicken stripes or shrimps if you have any available at hand.
Buon Appetito my loves!