Hello lovelies! Can you believe it’s December already?! The holidays are just around the corner and the weather is getting colder, which means……Chocolate!!
Today I have a very special recipe for you. It’s fast, simple yet sophisticated and oh so full of chocolate to leave you feeling good and warm. Ladies and gents, a round of applause for the Moelleux Au Chocolat!
- 200 to 250 g fine dark chocolate (I only use Lindt “à cuisiner” which is specially made for baking and desserts. Always the finest results!)
- 175 g butter
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 75 g all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- Half a tablespoon of Vanilla sugar
- A splash of Whiskey for extra flavour
(You don’t need yeast or baking powder for this recipe. The cake is supposed to be thin)
- Melt the chocolate and add the butter piece by piece till the whole mixture is smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add the sugar, flour and Vanilla. Mix very well and add the chocolate/butter mix.
- Pour the mixture into a floured and greased baking pan.
- Put in a preheated oven at 200°C for 15 minutes maximum. You want the inside to stay fudgy. It all depends on your oven so keep an eye on the cake after 10 minutes. You can poke the cake with a toothpick to see if it’s ready. It should come out clean but not dry.
- Cut and serve warm with your choice of sauce.
Personally, I did not have time to make a sauce so I just drizzled some Nestle Condensed Milk on each piece before serving and the results were amazing! Everyone fell in love with it and the cake was gone in just one sitting.
Here’s another serving idea: cut a cake slice in a bowl and melt some dark chocolate on top. Sophisticated yet easy! You will definitely impress everyone during holiday gatherings. Bon appétit!